Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good old admins...

Options
  • 03-04-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Within half an hour of mailing admin@... asking for high res images of the boards logo for our spiffing jerseys, I get a reply saying 'no bother', as well as the promise of putting up a banner advertising that there's some of us doing the W200 :)

good stuff indeed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Crap, there's no pulling out of it now so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Within half an hour of mailing admin@... asking for high res images of the boards logo for our spiffing jerseys, I get a reply saying 'no bother', as well as the promise of putting up a banner advertising that there's some of us doing the W200 :)

good stuff indeed

that's deadly.

can you pass em along to me? i may have another go at a design :) if you can get a vector format (.aif from illustrator) as that's what a printer would want as opposed to high res bitmaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

good stuff indeed

Wouldnt it be cool if they were ready for the Wicklow 200

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

good work lads. What about bib-shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

When I get 'em I'll surely put them up here for anyone to use.

My hope is to get them in time for the W200, but it depends on moving fairly quickly, as there's about a 6 week lead time. I hope to have some kind of decision on design from everyone by early next week if possible.

Do people want to get bib shorts as well? It'll increase the price, but I've no problem costing the whole lot if that's what ye want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i done a charity Malin to mizen cycle last year as part of a group, we got jerseys done by http://www.panthersports.ie/

There are an irish based company, so i would be no harm to get a quote,

Aslo are you thinking of going for a Lycra style jersey?? and aslo how about Matching Shorts??

E@gle. wrote: »
    i done a charity Malin to mizen cycle last year as part of a group, we got jerseys done by http://www.panthersports.ie/

There are an irish based company, so i would be no harm to get a quote,

Aslo are you thinking of going for a Lycra style jersey?? and aslo how about Matching Shorts??

They don't mention cycling gear on their site, but I've fired off an email, so I'll see what happens.

At the moment, I think the best quality/price gear is coming in from Fernando Carvalho. They use cofides jerseys, and claim to produce for the top teams. They charge a one off fee of 235euro for a design, so maybe it's best to design a full kit, tops (long and short sleeve), bibs, socks, arm & leg warmers etc? :)

After the one off fee, jerseys are 26.65 + VAT, and Medium weight bib shorts are 35.55 + VAT

Who wants to go for the whole kit then? :cool:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That's interesting. So the design fee is €235 regardless of whether you're just getting jerseys or getting getting jerseys, bibs, arm warmers, umbrellas and the whole bit? Prices per garment are pretty reasonable. Be worth checking if they have a minimum order number (edit: they do, 10 of each item).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

TinyExplosions, you're gonna have a big initial outlay. I'd guarantee the orders first, cash up front perhaps. This will also give you an idea of how much the jerseys will be when you can spread the cost of the design over x amount or orders.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    TinyExplosions, you're gonna have a big initial outlay. I'd guarantee the orders first, cash up front perhaps. This will also give you an idea of how much the jerseys will be when you can spread the cost of the design over x amount or orders.

Believe me, I know... it's going to be the only way I can do it, cos I can't cover the cost up front.

I'll fire an email and see if the design cost is per garment or if it's not. If not, we'll definately submit designs for a whole kit :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If not, we'll definately submit designs for a whole kit :)

Boards skinsuits FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭ba

we'll need to approve their design. no point paying €235 for muck right?

and no big deal if the kit isnt ready for the wicklow200. just beware that if the kit is rushed, it may look rubbish and will never be worn afterwards.

but design it right, and you will wear it all next year training while looking cool in our matching jersey and bib shorts.

i think black has to be part of the palette, as it will match our arm/leg warmers and overshoes in winter and hides dirt. white because its white hot and some blue (depending on the particular shade) as a memory of boards.ie. the more text/graphics the better because it will add a sophistication to the design. and nothing cheesy neither.

i'm not a graphic designer, but am creative so i'll give the design a shot over the weekend hopefully.

just as a point of reference i think CSC have a nice kit. Skil Shimano is nice too. but remember it has to be practical for our sh*t weather. if anybody is worried about overheating in a black jersey we can always introduce a full zip anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I wore full black kit in last years WW200 and it was fine. I guess it's different for each rider.

Having said that, I think white always looks cool :) not when dirty though :(

ba wrote: »
    we'll need to approve their design. no point paying €235 for muck right?

and no big deal if the kit isnt ready for the wicklow200. just beware that if the kit is rushed, it may look rubbish and will never be worn afterwards.

but design it right, and you will wear it all next year training while looking cool in our matching jersey and bib shorts.

i think black has to be part of the palette, as it will match our arm/leg warmers and overshoes in winter and hides dirt. white because its white hot and some blue (depending on the particular shade) as a memory of boards.ie. the more text/graphics the better because it will add a sophistication to the design. and nothing cheesy neither.

i'm not a graphic designer, but am creative so i'll give the design a shot over the weekend hopefully.

just as a point of reference i think CSC have a nice kit. Skil Shimano is nice too. but remember it has to be practical for our sh*t weather. if anybody is worried about overheating in a black jersey we can always introduce a full zip anyways.

I think you're spot on with most things. I'm certainly not keen on rushing the design, and certainly it'll be approved by the majority on here before anything happens.

I agree with the black, for the reasons you say, and cos I like black :)

Not a fan of lots of logo's myself, but am willing to be swayed by the right design. Should we contact some of the bike shops/manufacturers see if they want to through us a hundred quid for some advertising? Can't do any harm unless someone doesn't want to have a Cycleways/Cyclogical/Shimano etc logo on their kit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Should we contact some of the bike shops/manufacturers see if they want to through us a hundred quid for some advertising? Can't do any harm unless someone doesn't want to have a Cycleways/Cyclogical/Shimano etc logo on their kit

if you're offering me a lucrative endorsement contract (and i think you are) i shall have to refer you to my lawyer. that said, i am a shameless whore and will wear anything if the price is right.

except cycleways.

niceonetom wrote: »
    if you're offering me a lucrative endorsement contract (and i think you are) i shall have to refer you to my lawyer. that said, i am a shameless whore and will wear anything if the price is right.

except cycleways.

:D that made me nearly spew water on my keyboard!

Well, I got the high res images, in .png and .psd format, you can download them if you want (4.5 megs of images in a zip) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

Has someone got a high res image of a jersey - I might knock something up.

The image of the jersey supplied by carvalho is attached to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Just a thought.......to make the jersies more personal why dont you take the names (eg. TinyExplosions....Mr.Boots ect ect) of people who use this forum alot and want to buy the jersies......and cover it in the names.......i would imagine a squiggily font would be nice (maybe signatures)....with the names in a baby blue similar to Boards,ie colour...over a white and black background.....and a very small but distinguishible irish flag somewhere amoungst the squiggles on the back of the jersy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement