⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Bringing Final Fantasy to Skyrim

Icedgamer

If your opinion is contrary to mine, why don't you make a case for the merits of Japanese pop culture rather than resorting to fabrication, defamation and insults?

Because BOTH of you are out of line, here-- we're supposed to be talking about Skyrim mods, not who's better at what.

Some of us thought it would be cool and fun to have a mod that made Skyrim look like Final Fantasy. If there are people who disagree, THEY ARE ALLOWED TO. They are ALSO at liberty to NOT USE those mods if they DON'T WANT TO.

If the Disagreers think there's too many anime mods, I'm Sorry; there's nothing we can do about that. It's not going to stop us from making them, so your choice is to either make more mods they way YOU want them and try to outnumber the anime mods, or build your own Nexus and exclude what you don't want.

And for you Agreers, insulting the Disagreers and calling them names does NOT help our case. Veil it in whatever you like, you're just being just as troll-ish as you think they're being.

Now, everybody, let's DROP this and get back to "Hey wouldn't it be cool if..." before the mods shut this thread down and eject every last one of us.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your opinion is contrary to mine, why don't you make a case for the merits of Japanese pop culture rather than resorting to fabrication, defamation and insults?

Because BOTH of you are out of line, here-- we're supposed to be talking about Skyrim mods, not who's better at what.

Some of us thought it would be cool and fun to have a mod that made Skyrim look like Final Fantasy. If there are people who disagree, THEY ARE ALLOWED TO. They are ALSO at liberty to NOT USE those mods if they DON'T WANT TO.

If the Disagreers think there's too many anime mods, I'm Sorry; there's nothing we can do about that. It's not going to stop us from making them, so your choice is to either make more mods they way YOU want them and try to outnumber the anime mods, or build your own Nexus and exclude what you don't want.

And for you Agreers, insulting the Disagreers and calling them names does NOT help our case. Veil it in whatever you like, you're just being just as troll-ish as you think they're being.

Now, everybody, let's DROP this and get back to "Hey wouldn't it be cool if..." before the mods shut this thread down and eject every last one of us.

I agree. I'll shut up.

Read this:

PsykozQT

mousehands

bziur

Everyone of you gets a strike for flaming.

Furthermore:

@PsykozQT Like it or not, Scandinavia is part of the West, as in "Western Civilization".

@Mousehands This is not the time nor the place, you may mod what you want but if you don't, we shouldn't have to listen to your racist ranting. (Yeah I said it.) If it's true that the modding community is oversaturated with anime characters perhaps we ourselves are to blame. There's nothing stopping you from posting a thread to request all the mods your heart desires, but you will not come in and inflame this one.

@bziur Caps lock abuse, entreating a deity, and accusing everyone else of fanaticism? :armscrossed:

And not another word about it, or it can be a ban.

Read this:

PsykozQT

mousehands

bziur

Everyone of you gets a strike for flaming.

Furthermore:

@PsykozQT Like it or not, Scandinavia is part of the West, as in "Western Civilization".

@Mousehands This is not the time nor the place, you may mod what you want but if you don't, we shouldn't have to listen to your racist ranting. (Yeah I said it.) If it's true that the modding community is oversaturated with anime characters perhaps we ourselves are to blame. There's nothing stopping you from posting a thread to request all the mods your heart desires, but you will not come in and inflame this one.

@bziur Caps lock abuse, entreating a deity, and accusing everyone else of fanaticism? :armscrossed:

And not another word about it, or it can be a ban.

I don't think you have been fair on the others. Are you seriously giving PsykozQT a strike for getting a fact wrong about Western Civilisation? Plus he had the decency to apologise before you came in with your moderator's reprimand. I tell you what, how about you ban me outright and waive their strikes? Sure, we know the rules, but I think you should give PsykozQT the benefit of the doubt, and in keeping with a sense of amnesty: give bziur the benefit of the doubt too.

Go ahead, ban me, just let the little ones go...

Maybe you should read the the strike and ban forums before you jump to conclusions. The strikes were for flaming, and that's hardly a terrible punishment to levy.

I will not give you the satisfaction of making you a martyr over something I believe you intentionally misrepresented and misunderstood.

• 3 months later...

What about Kain Highwind and Cecil Harvey from FFIV?

They had one of the best sets of armors I've seen on the FF sagas.

These are some pictures of them:

Kain Highwind (the best pictures I could get... sorry):

http://www.freewebs.com/dc_chars01/Kain.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/1/19/Kain_(Dissidia_012).png

http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/6186-732525698.png

Cecil Harvey:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luuraka8zW1qcbo9lo1_500.jpg

http://images.cosplay.com/photos/27/2710443.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/f/f0/Cecil_D_alt3.png

I know the images are not the best thing you can ask, but well... is something at least.

That's cool and all, but I'd be happy as all hell with just a good, classic style red mage - feathered cap and froofy cravat and all - for both genders. :D

Although just about any of the outfits from FFX-2 would be pretty awesome as well. ;)

Myself I'd like to see the garbs and hats of all the original final fantasy mages and wizards ;)

Really, nothing beats the classics :P